The 2016 Summer Olympics may not be taking place in Chicago, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them in public in the Windy City. With the Games entering their final week, (the Closing Ceremonies will take air Sunday 8/23 starting at 6pm,) we thought we”d round up some of our favorite spots to watch the competition unfold. Are you as riveted by the spectacle as we are? Make the most of final week of Olympic competition by finding some Olympic-appreciating friends and heading to one of these top-notch Chicago sports bars:
- The Field House, 2455 N. Clark St. — This Lincoln Park favorite has a significant number of flat-screen TVs so you don’t have to miss a single event. Also, they give you free peanuts. What more could you want?
- Theory, 9 W. Hubbard St. — Looking for a friendly atmosphere in River North? Theory has a laid-back vibe and a great location to catch the day’s Olympic events.
- Boulevard Sports Lounge, 2645 W. North — If you’re looking for a top-notch sports bar in West Town, look no further. Call up some friend, order some barbecue and enjoy the day’s events.
- Game 7 Bar and Grill, 1540 W. North — A solid option in Wicker Park, this sports bar gets high marks for tasty food, good prices and top-notch service.
- Flagship Tavern and Grill, 1622 W. Belmont — Live in Lakeview? Head to this friendly neighborhood sports bar that offers an impressive beer selection.
- The Globe Pub, 1934 W. Irving Park Road — If you’re interest in Olympic soccer, the Globe is your spot. This British pub-style bar in North Center is a popular soccer bar year-round.
- Tavern on Wells, 1208 N. Wells — Looking for a good old-fashioned neighborhood bar in Old Town where you can also watch the Olympics? Head to this spot on Wells.
- Wabash Tap, 1233 S. Wabash — This South Loop spot is nothing fancy, but you can enjoy plentiful tater tots and free popcorn while you catch up on the latest Olympic results.
- Bad Dog Tavern,
What’s your favorite neighborhood sports bar in Chicago?
*Photo courtesy of Flickr user Andrew Seaman.
File: Chicago sports bars