It’s that time of year again: Chicago Magazine just recently the 2016 Best of Chicago list! What took top honors this year?
Here are a few of our favorite picks this time around:
- Looking for a fun and unusual workout? Why not learn to row? The Chicago Rowing Foundation has a “Learn to Row” class that meets indoors, so you can firm up those arms all year round.
- After your workout, a day of pampering might be in order. This year, Cowshed Spa at the Soho House takes top honors.
- Is there anything more exciting than discovering a new bookstore? Pilsen Community Books takes the gold this year.
- In fact, Pilsen’s having a moment: Thalia Hall won the honor of Best Music Venue.
- Did you know there’s still an old-fashioned drive-in movie theater in Chicago? The Cascade Drive-In wins “Best Place to Watch a Movie Outdoors.”
What’s your favorite place on the Best of Chicago list? What did they miss? We love to hear about new places, events and activities in the city. Contact us!
*Photo courtesy of Flickr user
File: Best of Chicago