With the housing market steadily improving, maybe you’re thinking it’s finally time to put your place on the market and upgrade to a bigger/newer/nicer abode? Well, the latest statistics on real estate sales in Chicago are out today and they give an interesting glimpse into which Chicago neighborhoods are hottest for condo sales right now. According to a recent article in Crain’s Chicago Business,
From Jan. 1 to April 30, condominiums in the city sold in an average of 92 days, 21 percent faster than they moved in 2013, according to the data.
But some neighborhoods are far outpacing the average in condo sales. Here’s a quick rundown of the Chicago neighborhoods with condos on the market for the fewest days:
- West Town – Proximity to the hot restaurant scene in the West Loop, easy access to the interstate and public transportation and gorgeous skyline views have made this area of the city extremely popular.
- North Center – This quiet north-side neighborhood benefits from its proximity to Lincoln Square, Roscoe Village and the Southport Corridor while offering lovely, peaceful, tree-lined streets.
- Near West Side – Just south of West Town, the Near West Side encompasses a large area that includes Greektown and the campus of UIC while providing easy access to the Loop and the interstate system.
- Lincoln Park – The classic popularity of this beautiful and historic north-side neighborhood continues to draw buyers who want to live close to the Park, the Lincoln Park Zoo and endless shopping and restaurant options.
- Lincoln Square – This charming northside neighborhood is popular with young families who like its residential vibe and European-feeling neighborhood center.
Do you live in one of these neighborhoods and want to sell? Now is a great time! We’d love to chat with you about your options. Contact us!